It is of utmost importance for UKRSPECSYSTEMS to satisfy the needs of our customers and to provide them with the most reliable solutions, available on market.In order to achieve maximum product quality and to guarantee that our solutions never let you down, we put our UAS to multiple severe trials.
All the tests were performed in the State Research Institute for Testing and Certification of Arms and Military Equipment and correspond to GOST V 20.39.304 with all necessary documents approving this fact.
Using the test of the PD-2 UAS as an example we want to share how durable our products are and how capable are they withstanding harsh enrivonment, rough transportation and various weather conditions.
During takeoff and landing and throughout the flight, the UAV encounters certain difficulties.
The most significant are interaction with the surface and turbulence. To make sure that PD-2 UAS will handle all of that we performed a whole list of tests:
- UAV and the payload withstood sinusoidal vibrations in the frequency range 5-500 Hz with a transition frequency of 22 Hz, vibration amplitude of 2.0 mm, a vibration acceleration amplitude of 39.2 m/s2 (4 g);
- UAV and the payload withstood 20 mechanical impacts with a peak impact acceleration of 59 m/s2 (6 g), a shock pulse duration of 15 m/s, as well.
We have also tested our ground equipment. It withstood sinusoidal vibrations in the frequency range 5-80 Hz with a transition frequency of 22 Hz, vibration amplitude of 2.0 mm, a vibration acceleration amplitude of 39.2 m / s2 (4 g). 5.37 g per UAV.
It's hard to imagine any successful mission without the safe and secure transportation of the UAS. We strive to make you feel certain that by choosing our product you will forget about transportation issues.
To affirm this statement we suggest you take a look at the results of harsh tests.
UAS passed the test for transportation on the stand with the characteristics:
- peak impact acceleration 20 g, duration of impact acceleration 5-10 ms, number of impacts 40;
- peak impact acceleration 15 g, duration of impact acceleration 5-10 ms, number of impacts 400;
- peak impact acceleration 10 g, duration of impact acceleration 5-10 ms, number of impacts 2000.
Our team did everything possible to make PD-2 UAS capable of operating at low and high temperatures and in high humidity conditions. Whether you carry out a mission in the African savannah, near the waters of the Amazon river, or even over the glaciers of Greenland – you can be sure of the reliability of our solutions.
PD-2 UAS has demonstrated amazing results during extreme tests:
As for the temperature range:
- the effect of elevated temperature +50 °C on UAS was not detected;
- the effect of low temperature -25 °C on UAS was not detected;
- the effect of changes in ambient temperature -20 °C to +40 °C was not detected.
And as for various weather conditions:
- the effect of high humidity of 93 ± 3%, precipitation, and atmospheric reduced pressure on UAS was not detected;
- the effect of precipitation (rain) on the UAS was not detected.
The video with trials is available by the link: https://youtu.be/MYjdYA4GcZg
Please check it out!